Friday, November 18, 2011

laura mercier creme smooth foundation

my thoughts on Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation
alright, i decided to blog about this because it isn't a rave review about this foundation. i'm not very happy with it and i should have listened to my gut instinct before buying.

about a year ago, i had a 20% off at sephora around christmas time. after seeing many youtube videos about the notorious Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, i was dead set on buying it with my coupon. i went to the mall one night with some friends and we went to sephora. i made my way straight to the Laura Mercier products and spoke to a sephora lady standing there. she asked me what i was looking for and blah blah blah. i told her without hesitation that i really wanted to try her tinted moisturizer....but i also mentioned i had redness on my face that i wanted to cover. i guess i shouldn't have said that because she directed me over to another one of Laura Mercier's products that is more full coverage. meh....i was willing to give it a shot a suppose. deep down i was telling myself to go with the tinted moisturizer because i've heard awesome reviews about it. but i listened to the lady and tried out the creme smooth foundation. anyway, i ended up buying it for 50 dollars, more than i wanted to spend. i tried it out for a few days and enjoyed it for the most part. (i was using this around november-december and i am in shade blush ivory.)

once i started wearing it more and more, i realized how greasy it made me feel. it made my face feel smooth, but heavy and slick. and i don't have oily skin by any means! then as i started wearing it more into the late winter (january-febuary) i noticed it doing something else to my face, making it drier and flakier when i applied it. this was not cool seeing as my skin type is already dry! i know the dryness was probably accentuated with the cold air, but still, i wasn't happy. i figured i'd just take some time off from wearing it and pick it back up in the spring. so that's what i did and it worked for a few months!!..until it got too warm in the summertime to be wearing that heavy of a foundation.
i don't want to say it was a waste of 50 bucks, but i definitely should have stuck to my guns and spent my money on the tinted moisturizer. at least it's a full coverage foundation, that agrees with my skin during march-june. that and the packaging is nice with the frosted jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment